You may be wondering why I am (finally) starting a blog. There are several reasons, but mainly to have a platform to express my deepest thoughts and desires. Ok, not exactly.
For the past several months I have been contemplating a career "rewind" back into the world of public relations and marketing. Finally, I'm taking that plunge after a jarring wake-up call that public education isn't exactly my forte', despite being a successful special education teacher and a summer vacation superstar.
I've really missed writing journalistic and creative copy. I get excited when I think about the days of old, working with a team of enthusiastic thinkers to devise the perfect marketing plan, a terrific PR pitch, or a riveting story that pulls at the heart strings of those who read it. I guess you could say communications is my passion -- or one of them at least.
Although I've been actively writing since I transitioned into education, report writing isn't exactly exciting. And it's often frowned upon when one tries to make a document describing a student's disability sound entertaining and enlightening. Parents and principals don't take kindly to those types of reports and seem to overlook my creative talents. So here I am.
I have many ideas floating around my head like little fluffy thought bubbles ready to burst onto the page. Pop! Boing! Bong! Kerplop! Apparently there are some lead balloons hanging out that just couldn't wait to splatter out of my head. Now it's time to buckle down, sort through my lengthy "to do" list, and get the ballpoint pen (i.e. typing fingers) rolling.
But before I do so, I must provide a heartfelt "thank you" to those who have made this dream possible...like my parents who provided me with life, God or whoever that higher being is that created Earth and hence my parents, my furry four-legged "kids" who bring me daily happiness and joy, and most importantly my loving husband who inspires me daily and bestows me with unconditional (financial) support. Without him none of this would be possible. Seriously. It wouldn't. I'd be drudging into work, putting on my "happy face," and pretending that teaching was the end-all, be-all of my life. Well, it's not. Luckily I figured that out before investing 20 years into the profession, and then realizing it wasn't my passion. So I'll end this post here before I start ranting about the state of our public education system. I'll save that blog for a rainy, or snowy, day.
Until next time...I hope you have enjoyed this blog. Thank you for your readership!
No comments:
Post a Comment